Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes + 8 hours marinating time
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes + 8 hours marinating time
Recipe note: Paleo Friendly
Ingredients¼ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
1½ pounds skirt or flank steak
1 large head cauliflower (2 pounds)
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 avocado, diced
Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Combine ¼ cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a zipper-lock bag. Add steak, toss to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 8–12 hours.
- Remove stem and trim leaves from cauliflower then cut into large chunks. Use a box grater to grate into rice using the medium-sized holes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high, stir in cauliflower, cover skillet with a lid and let steam until tender, 5–8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ¾ teaspoon salt; season with additional salt and black pepper to taste; transfer to a serving dish.
- Preheat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and heat until shimmering. Add peppers and onion, making sure not to crowd the pan, and cook, tossing occasionally, until seared and starting to soften, 3–4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer veggies to a bowl.
- Heat now empty cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add steak skillet and cook until seared on both sides and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145ºF, 3–4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a plate, let rest 5 minutes then thinly slice against the grain.
- Divide cauliflower rice between bowls, top with sliced steak, peppers and onion, avocado and cilantro. Dollop fajita bowls with Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise.